Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020
MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC) organized the first Annual Innovation Festival in coordination
with AICTE. During this festival, Innovation cell showcased more than 70 top students’ innovations from
Union Minister for Human Resource also launched the Smart India Hackathon 2020, Atal Ranking
of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020, and Institution’s Innovation Council 2.0.
RACE IAS www.raceias.com Page 18 of 62
About Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA):
ARIIA considers all major indicators which are commonly used globally to rank most innovative education
institutions/ universities in the world. More than quantity, ARIIA will focus on quality of innovations and will
try to measure the real impact created by these innovations nationally and internationally.
ARIIA will primarily focus on 5 main parameters:
1. Budget Expenses and Revenue generated through Innovation and entrepreneurship development.
2. Facilitating access to advance centres / facilities and entrepreneurial support system.
3. Idea to Entrepreneurship.
4. Development of Innovation Ecosystems Supported through Teaching & Learning.
5. Best innovative solutions Developed In-house for Improving Governance of Your Institution.
Significance of ARIIA:
● Inspire Indian institutions to reorient their mind-set and build ecosystems to encourage high quality
research, innovation and entrepreneurship.
● Set the tone and direction for institutions for future development for making them globally
competitive and in forefront of innovation.
The MHRD, last year initiated the separate Innovation cell with support from AICTE to foster a
culture of innovation in all educational institutions of India. As India aspires to be 5 trillion-dollar
economy by 2024, India needs to emerge as global innovation, entrepreneurship and startup hub.
Considering India’s current demography, youngsters need to be in the forefront of this innovative movement
and Indian higher education institutes need to play a key role and emerge as centers of excellence
producing global quality research and innovation.
MHRD’s Innovation Cell with the support of AICTE has undertaken multiple initiatives to ensure that
innovation becomes the primary fulcrum of our technical education. All India Council for Technical
Education, in its endeavor to bring quality revolution in the standard of technical education of India has
undertaken a plethora of activities which includes various schemes, policies, programs and regulations that
have evolved to shape the educational domain of India as the ultimate in every sphere and has come
forward as emerging giants of global technological